5 Valentine’s Day Dates for You and Your Dog
Friday, January 15, 2021 13:44:54 PM America/Los_Angeles
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be limited to significant others. It’s a great excuse to have a little extra bonding time with your dog, too! Whether it’s a long walk on the beach or a unique gift, there are tons of dog-friendly ways you can make V-day an extra special occasion for you and your pup.
Photo by Artem Beliaikin
- Go on an excursion: If you’re in a warmer climate, switch up your walk by going on a hike or taking a stroll at the beach in dog-friendly areas. You might even consider a staycation in the woods so that you can both relax and enjoy all that nature has to offer. Take a natural pee pad like DoggieLawn with you to make sure you have a smooth trip. A dog park can be equally exciting if that’s not part of your routine.
- Pamper your pup: This can be a nice little addition to your excursion. If your dog had a romp in the snow or the beach, you’ll want to make sure you use gentle grooming products for bathtime to help soothe any rough or chapped paws. Take advantage of this moment to spoil your dog with a natural and calming shampoo to relieve and moisturize skin after exposure to the elements.
- Bake together: While your dog may not be the best baker, every baker (you) needs to have someone test ingredients along the way. Your fur baby is sure to be delighted with the goodies as you make DIY dog treats that combine their favorite flavors! If you’re not known for your kitchen prowess, opt for a delicious and wholesome treat you know your dog will love.
- Take your dog with you for errands: This is a great way to kill two birds with one stone. A quick trip to the pet store or the farmer’s market may seem mundane or even tedious to you, but for dogs it’s a fantastic way to not only socialize but to experience an array of exciting smells! While you cross off a task on your to-do list, you dog gets to sniff other dogs, people, enticing treats, and new neighborhoods or environments.
- Gift a helpful item: What you decide to spoil your dog with is up to you, but there are plenty of gifts that can make both you and your dog happy. A natural pee pad is one option that makes life easier for you and more enjoyable for your pup. Bring in a slice of the great outdoors with a fresh grass indoor pet potty.
Whatever you decide to do with your dog on Valentine’s Day, these suggestions can help ensure the day is a love-filled one for you and your fur baby!